Sunday, August 19, 2007

“Speak less to people u love...coz if they can’t understand ur silence they can never understand ur words...”

I don’t know who has written this but read it somewhere. There are many who believe it, and implement it too. It's good if it works with people having lotsa understanding. But I am writing this for the people who intentionally do it. I dunno what they conclude later but I disagree with the thought of implementing the silence for some purpose at least in one's love relationship's .

According to me, it means you expect the one u love to understand your silence. But it could be a failure in many situations.

  • It might be the person whom u love, may not be loving you... and you expect that person to understand then what???
  • If the other person is as dumb as I am, then it will not help. There are certain things that should be said... and it’s better expressed with words than silence. Your silence could have many interpretations.
  • I feel you expect a lot from the one you love... but what it if he/she doesn’t meet your expectations???
  • I don’t understand... how speaking less is going to help... is that a type of measurement of your love... what is it??
  • Above all I feel one is testing their love by doing so..

Its not like I am against love, but if there are so many words in our dictionary that are really romantic and beautiful.. then why not express your love with those words…

9 comments:

IrShAd said...

khyati..
can u express love with words..??
you may be able to express hatred with words, cause thats more expressive form of feeling.. but love is all about understanding and emotions.. and i don't think any dictionary in the world has yet been able to describe or define love.
Its a feeling thats so special that only the person who loves you back can share.. without saying anything at all.

When you know someone.. you know his silence. I think if you cannot understand his silence, then you can only pretend to understand him.

Of course there are misunderstandings when people don't speak what they have in mind.. but then through such misunderstandings only a relationship can mature. No one is perfect from start. But when you get to know someone really well.. i believe words mean nothing at all.

You may not agree.. but thats ok :P

Katz said...

Thanks for pointing out my mistake.. may be I dint put it properly.. I have corrected it..

coming to ur comment..

may be you cannot express it in words.. but I am writing this
against the people doing it purposely..

Silence 80% is misinterpreted.. and it may lead to quarrel.. unnecessary arguments which can be avoided by speaking out what you think..

The feeling of love and being loved is very beautiful.. I agree.. but why to test it in such a way

khan said...

thnx mystique..for first time ever i agree wid dis dude..and yeah katz got ur perspective too...but just wondering ppl who love ( i dont wanna use the adverb 'truly' cos i believe, if u love it better be true;)each other, y will they 'test' each other?? i mean...wats wrong??? and if it is thn its not love..call me judgemental but its only black or white for me:)btw...someone wrote this lonng back to me..
"silences make the real converstaion btn u and me, its not the saying but the never needing to say wat counts:)"

Katz said...

@LOF

Silence works gr8 between people who are in love.. I feel silence is even more romantic between two people in love..

My point is.. it should come naturally.. not keeping in mind that he/she should understand..

I have written this against people who intentionally do it.. I have written this for people who are in love but doesn't know whether the other person feels the same and believe in it..

IrShAd said...

I think it is targeted to those who self proclaim the understanding to be present between the two without realizing that the other person has no clue about it.

Its like "maan na maan, main tera maheman".

khan said...

then mystique, does that qualify to be termed as 'love'?

IrShAd said...

@LOF :
Imagine, A loves B.. B has no clue nor interest. But, A wants B to behave as A wants and expects B to understand and accept it.

Now you asking "does that qualify to be termed as 'love'?"

I say, "NO". It can be best termed as Misunderstanding.

khan said...

bingo!

Sandeep Pai said...

:D Good one

The more you do...

The more you talk about it, you think about it. The more you think about it, you worry about it, The more you worry about it, you are upset ...